The Laboratory of Materials Control and Durability belongs to the Department of Educational Civil Engineering of ASPAITE. and has as object: “Measurements of mechanical and physical properties of essays, building materials and tests, organization of training programs”.
The basic principle and commitment of the Laboratory, as well as the philosophy of each of its members, is to provide its “clients” (students of the School and external clients) with reliable and immediate services that cover their specific needs.
To achieve the above, the Laboratory Management:
- It has adopted a Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with the International Standard ISO 9001: 2008, which applies to all activities that affect the quality of services provided and customer satisfaction.
- It applies the basic principles of the ISO 17025 standard and ensures that every employee is aware of the requirement to apply the documented SBS to ensure the reliability of the measurements.
- It continuously reviews and improves, where possible, the effectiveness of its Processes and consequently of the entire IAS. which applies.
- Sets measurable objectives for quality. These objectives are established and evaluated in terms of their degree of achievement in the context of the SDP Review. from the Laboratory Administration.
- Manages rationally the necessary resources for the smooth, efficient and effective operation of the Laboratory.
- Creates a climate of mutual respect, cooperation and communication of all involved.
- Provides incentives to improve employee active participation and performance.
- It invests in the continuous training, information and training of its executives in order to promote Quality in each of their activities.
- Monitors, measures and evaluates the critical parameters and Processes, in order to ensure the Quality of the services it offers.
Adopting the principle of continuous improvement, the Laboratory of Materials Control and Durability recognizes and rewards teamwork as well as individual effort, invests in people, respects the trust provided by the staff of the Laboratory and works with full understanding of the dependence and trust of customers.