Panagiotis G. Asteris is full professor, Head of the Computational Mechanics Laboratory at the School of Pedagogical & Technological Education, Athens, Greece. He received BS, MS and PhD degrees in civil engineering from the National Technical University of Athens, Athens, Greece. His research focuses on computational structural engineering, soft computing, applied and computational mathematics and masonry materials and structures. Professor Asteris is the author/editor of three books in computational structural engineering. He has also authored more than 150 publications on peer-reviewed international journals.
- Asteris, P.G., Lemonis,M.E., Le T.-T., Tsavdaridis, K.D. (2021). Evaluation of the ultimate eccentric load of rectangular CFSTs using advanced neural network modeling, Engineering Structures, Volume 248, 2021,113297, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2021.113297..
- Asteris, P.G., Lourenço, P.B., Hajihassani,, M., Adami, C.-E. N., Lemonis, M.E., Skentou, A.D., Marques, R., Nguyen, H., Rodrigues, H. and Varum, H. (2021). Soft computing based models for the prediction of masonry compressive strength, Engineering Structures, Volume 248, 113276, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2021.113276.
- Armaghani, D.J., Mamou, A., Maraveas, C., Roussis, P.C., Siorikis, V.G., Skentou, A.D., Asteris, P.G. (2021). Predicting the unconfined compressive strength of granite using only two non-destructive test indexes, Geomechanics and Engineering, 317-330.
- Rahimi, I., Gandomi, A.H., Asteris, P.G., Chen, F. Analysis and Prediction of COVID-19 Using SIR, SEIQR, and Machine Learning Models: Australia, Italy, and UK Cases. Information 2021, 12, 109. https://doi.org/10.3390/info12030109
- Gavriilaki,E., Asteris, P.G., et al. (2021). Genetic justification of severe COVID-19 using a rigorous algorithm, Clinical Immunology, Volume 226, 2021,108726, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clim.2021.108726.